Civils Quantity Surveyor / Intermediate Quantity Surveyor
Caddick Civil Engineering is looking to expand its team and has positions for an experienced Quantity Surveyor / Intermediate Quantity Surveyor.
Caddick Civil Engineering is part of the Caddick Group and is currently recruiting a Quantity Surveyor / Intermediate Quantity Surveyor to join our growing team. The ideal candidate will have experience managing pre and post-contract commercial duties for civil engineering projects, particularly infrastructure works [roads and sewers].
The role would be office-based with a need to visit sites regularly. Typically, our projects range from £3m to £20m, and our annual turnover is over £15m.
Reporting to the Commercial Manager you will be responsible for managing the pre- and post-contract commercial activities, your main responsibilities would be:
- Maintaining high health and safety standards and ensuring full compliance with the company's health and safety policies and strategies.
- Ensuring effective communication between site and office personnel in all matters relating to the commercial, contract, and programme delivery of projects.
- Development and settlement of tenders including taking off quantities, material and subcontract enquiries, and pricing of works.
Commercial management of projects including but not limited to:
- Change Management and Control
- Placing of subcontracts and their subsequent management
- Valuations / Applications for Payment
- Cost Value Reconciliations and performance monitoring
- Final Account settlement
- Supporting the Site Management Team in all matters commercial and contract
- Show a good behavioural example in all aspects of health and safety, organisation, conduct, quality of work, and professionalism
- Excellent numeracy and skills in all Microsoft packages.
- Experience and knowledge of estimating packages would be an advantage but not essential.
- Knowledge of construction law and contractual terms.
- Experience in the use of standard terms and conditions NEC & JCT.
- Suitably qualified to degree standard or with extensive experience in the civil engineering contracting sector either currently working for a contractor or subcontractor as a QS or Estimator.
- Knowledge of all aspects of construction particularly in the civil engineering sector and the relevant legislative requirements e.g., Health and Safety, NHBC requirements, and Building Regulations.
- Excellent organisational skills and financial and commercial awareness.
- Effectively manage time to meet deadlines.
Email CV & covering letter to Andy Leatham - email@example.com